Resources for Siblings
- For Brothers and Sisters – What is PWS? How does it affect your brother or sister and how does it affect you? – A resource by PWSA UK.
- My Brother or Sister has PWS – Information for Siblings – by PWSA UK
- PWSA(NZ) Library – We have 3 books we can loan for siblings: ‘Sometimes I’m Mad, Sometimes I’m Glad’; ‘See Me, Hear Me, I’m Here Too’, and ‘Inspired by Love: Stories of Life with My Sibling – a collection of stories’.
- Resources for Siblings by Care Matters NZ – A series of booklets for different ages and on different topics.
- SibSupport NZ – Sibling support in New Zealand is offered by Parent to Parent. They offer one day SibShops and weekend SibCamps around the country which are run by sibs, for sibs. Check out this webpage for details.
- SibSupportNZ Facebook group – Check out other sibling events in New Zealand run by Parent to Parent, view photos and catch up with friends you met!
- SibTeen Facebook group – A place where teenage sibs of people with disabilities can connect with others who ‘get it’. It is a closed group so only SibTeen members can view posts.
- PWSA(NZ) Camps – We host family camps every 2 years which provide opportunities for siblings to meet others who also have a sibling with PWS. For younger children it really helps to normalise their situation. For older children it can be a relief to find someone who truly gets it!